Sunday, September 12, 2010

Working too much!

Adam and I have been working a TON lately. I worked 5 days in a row, one day off then four days in a row! Keep in mind I do 12hr shifts, although some of those were half shifts, thats still way too much time in one place! However my patients have been fabulous. I got another present yesterday from this sweet older couple. Anyway, while working a ton I've also been orienting which can be more work too. I have to explain everything, do everything perfect, and then the hardest part- let her do things her way in her own time, but just overseeing things and picking up the slack. I'm so use to just go-go-go and I have a routine, but when I orient my routine gets messed up and I have to do things like not socialize so much and take the Code Blue and Rapid Response pager- which means we respond to all patient emergencies in the hospital- exciting for an orientee but an inconvenience at times for an orienter. But in all actuality she is a really fast learner and great to work with. Anyway, I was trying to leave her alone one day so I would quit having ADD and doing things for her. So I decided to make this sign (I made 2) and put it up on my unit.



My sister Jenny had sent out an email a long time ago asking for boxtops for Tyson's class at school. Neighbor Dave and I started collecting and sending them. Jenny then said that all her school-aged kids, Tyson, Blake and Jaclyn, collect these. So lets see how far this sign gets us! (Do you like the "it's for the children")

No comments: