Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our smokin' weekend

We have a smoker now and Adam has been smoking everything! He gets made if I suggest that maybe we not eat meat that night that has been smoked. We started with smoked salmon- which is my favorite, and have been eating locks, I guess its called- a bagel with cream cheese, capers, red onion and smoked salmon. Very delicious. And because I love a good deal I have to share that while we were at Cabellas getting the smoker I got an Adidas workout top and a North Face tank-top for a combined total of $8! True story.
Yesterday while Adam was working I went to meet a friend of mine to quilt. This friend is older we'll say, and the fact that I was spending my saturday quilting gave everyone at work ammo to tease me about being a grandma. The friend I met use to work with us but has since retired. Her husband still works at the hospital as our intensivist/pulmonologist so she is very much so still in the know about the hospital affairs. So, I can't lie- we spent a lot of time "analyzing other peoples life decisions" AKA gossiping. Theres something about getting two women together, especially when there is a craft involved that elicites gossip. We weren't talking trash neccessarily, but just being chatty. I don't do this at work, so it was kind of nice to just be able to get out my thoughts and feelings about things or people at work.
Then last night Adam and I met up with my friend Kaylee, her new boyfriend and her roommate, had some dinner and did some karayoking. I love to karayoke and really missed seeing Kaylee.
Its been a nice weekend especially since working 100+ hrs these last 2 weeks! Tonight its football and BBQ with Neighbor Dave and Rosa. And later this week-more normal work hours and the Zac Brown Band concert!!!!!

No comments: