Sunday, August 29, 2010

SLC Smith Family Reunion

Last weekend was the Smith family reunion in Salt Lake City. I drove the 7hrs over there by myself. If you have ever wondered what the middle of Nevada looks like, here it is:




This is the town of Battle Mountain. The big brown mountain in the back with the letters "BM" crack me up....we all know BM stands for Bowel Movement which is a polite way of saying poop. hahaha

The first night was hanging out at Aunt Jans. I stole these next two pictures from Kara (thankyou)

Me with my cousins Ashley and Rachel and our Grandpa Smith, and Jans chickens.
Me, Haley and Jan. This was a fun night of reconnecting and just talking. Grandma and I talked about quilting and she told me a story about how her Dad I believe it was, named one of her twin sisters after an old girlfriend of his!

Grandpa and Grandma Smith


The next morning was family pictures at the Orson-Pratt trail in Draper. Jenny and I drove up with Uncle Tyler. Orson Pratt was a distant Grandpa of mine.


The theme per my Gma was red, white and blue

The picture isnt of good quality but this is Grandpa and Grandma with all their great grandkids (and cousin Marney keeping a little one happy)


After a large lunch at Chuck-o-Rama with all the fam and then a bike store shopping trip for Ralph and I, was hanging out and playing games at Gma and Gpa's condo. Grandma wanted us all to sing together "Getting to know you...." Grandma's funny like that!

My cousin Claire, her husband works as a firefighter for SLC. So after all the singing and game playing at Gma and Gpa's we went to visit the fire department. This was very exciting for the young kids especially Matthew and well as you can see the "big" kids were just as interested....especially my dad!!!

They even got to play with the big hose


Savannah
And dress up in the offical uniform (my dad and cousin Joel also put on the gear)



After dinner Jen and I went back to Gma and Gpa's. This is my dad trying on what Grandma thought was a sheet to put on his mattress. I'm not quite sure what it was, but it sure was funny to see my dad put it on.


Sunday morning was the "MoTab", Mormon Tabernacle Choir.


The whole family at the visitors center on Temple Square.


My bunker buddy/sister Jenny and I at Temple Square

Soooo much fun!






No comments: