Monday, June 14, 2010

Kali's Wedding

My good friend Kali got married this last weekend in Hayden Lake ID. (the one i made the green, and blue shoefly quilt for) Her family and family friends have cabins on the Lake, so this is where we stayed. The first night we saw this outside our window.

I've never seen a rainbow so clearly!


We went for a kayak ride across the lake to the boy's cabin to intrude on their "pre-wedding man time". The ride over and back was fun, guided by the moon light.
Kali and I bond over our obsession for running, need for daily workouts and smelliness. So it was nice to go running and biking with her again. She took me on a tough 14 mile bike ride.


The day of the wedding. The weather was amazing. This is at the Country Club where the wedding was.



The groom and one of the bridesmaids examining the layout.



All of us wedding party had a cabana on the club grounds to get ready in. Kali needed help shaving, I dont know why, but I was happy to help!



The first look, oooooh!



Kali and Ben: Driving around the golf course to take beautiful pictures!



Yay! The dresses she picked out were a very pretty green. She looked absolutley beautiful! She wore my wedding earrings which I was very excited to share.







The first dance overlooking Hayden Lake



Her dad gives these crazy speeches with lots of props. It was a medium sized wedding with lots of fancy people. A few times I was in a conversation with the plentiful amts of lawyers, doctors and dentists that led to a kind of "ahohoho" fake laugh, turn your head to the side and take a sip of wine while thinking "wait, are these people for real?". Very fun wedding though, the dancing was fantastic and I was very happy to see Kali so happy.



After this was only dancing of course and as you know me, that's what the rest of the night consisted of.



Even the next day was beautiful. We lounged around and layed on the beach at her parents place. I was happy though to go back home to Adam, weddings without him always make me a bit sad :(


No comments: