Saturday, January 29, 2011

Stuffitis

There's a term that Dave Ramsey uses called stuffitis, meaning that we as people have an obsession with stuff, a disease if you will. You might think that is not true, well clean out your house, your entire house and you too, like I just have, will realize that you have stuffitis. We have so many small kitchen appliances/objects its ridiculous. We have: a George Formen, a Totti maker, a kitchen aid, a hand held blender, a crock pot, a mini crock pot, a coffee maker, a coffee bean grinder, a food processer, a large flat skillet, a rice cooker, an egg poacher, a blender, a toaster, an electric can opener, and just last night I was talking with a friend about buying a dutch oven. This is not including all the many other smaller gagets we have like 2 juicers, a mudler, 2 egg slicers, a melon baller, 6 star shaped ice cube trays, a zester....the list goes on and on. Who uses an egg slicer anyway, and why do we have 2! This is obsured, I am never buying anything again. I even was cleaning out the freezer and discovered we have PLENTY of food, we just dont think about it! Flank Steak and Roasts that are just waiting to be used.
Stufitis is a real thing, once you get something you think you really need, the next day its something new. So for now, I will be WT and live with my plastic drawers that I have had since college to store my clothes in, my pink cordaroy couch, my lavender and brown spray paint attempted dining room chairs, and my lack of bed frame. Maybe living like your in college isnt the worst thing- Few things, little money to spend on things, and utalizing stuff until it doesn't function anymore.

No comments: