Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Weekend

For New Years, we last minute decided to head down to the beach- Monterey, CA. Adam's good friend Charlie lives there. We wanted to do something different and not so typical New Yearsy, just the two of us. So we headed down thursday night after a coworkers wedding.


Work Friends


Liz, me and Kaylee (There was a 7 year old little girl wearing the exact same outfit I had, really- the exact same, kinda funny. I knew I looked like I was attending my own 1st grade winter musical!)

It was a beautiful wedding, and lots of fun. It started at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny but snow covered thursday. It was very magical to look out the window and see the sunset on the snow covered trees and mountains. There were cows right next door and a barn. It really was very cozy and romantic. I like the idea of a winter wonderland wedding. The bride and her bridesmaids had little white furry short jackets they wore over there dark blue dresses- so cute.


We got into Monterey late thursday night. On New Years eve, Adam and Charlie got up early to golf- as it was Charlies only time off while we were there. While they golfed I slept in, read a book and went running. Then I met them at the golf course for lunch. After that we went to the hotel to check in. Adam took a nap and I sat by a big fire in the lobby and talked to a good friend on the phone while drinking hot tea. Then I went back to the room, showered, and Adam and I were off to a fancy New Years Eve dinner! Ahhhhh, what a day!

To ring in the new year that night we went to a New Years "Ball", at the Hyatt, which is where we were staying that night. This is where Chuck works so as usual, he hooked us up! We weren't quit dressed for a "ball", but no one noticed by the time we arrived. Lots of sparkly clothes, I didn't get the memo that sparkley dresses are 2011. Lots of older people (Maybe thats why I never got the memo, they got it a decade late. heehee) but there was a coverband and dancing- so we had a great time! It was the first New Years we spent just the two of us.


Happy New Year!


The next day we went to the Monterrey Aquarium. SO COOL! We saw tons of things- birds, penguins, ducks, tons of fish, flamingos, starfish, squid.....Among may favorite were the sea lions, the octopus and the many seahorses.




We fed a Sting Ray


This is a seahorse! His face is in the L hand corner. I think God had a lot of fun making some of these animals!


This is a little french man


An Eel



A Giant Squid


This seahorse kept trying to kiss Adam


The octopus!


I loved this seahorse!


On the beach

On our way out of town and thro San Jose we were able to stop and have lunch with my Aunt and 2 cousins. A very enjoyable and relaxing weekend.

No comments: