Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring

On Saturday morning I was asked to come into work early...... 4AM early! I said yes, so I worked on Saturday from 4AM-7:15PM. A Long 15hr day!!!! When my boss asked me to do this she had just given me a card that had some very sweet words about me and my contributions at work. She said the card was not given to me because of the favor she was asking, either way I accepted and she also said that if I did her this favor, I would be guarenteed permanant day-shift! Yay. It was actually one of the funnest if not THE funnest day at work I have ever had being a nurse (I had a lot of fun at The Crab House in Friday Harbor. Oh and yes funnest is a word in my dictionary) I had a blast. I started out working a few hours with my old night shift buddies, who are always wild and crazy, and then the rest of the day was spent with day shift buddies. It was just one of those really enjoyable days, fortunatley. I'm sure it had a great deal to do with the insanity feeling that comes with waking up at 3:30AM.

Adam had an interview with Big Brothers, Big Sisters this morning. He wants to be a mentor. He comes up with this stuff all on his own and its so cute! I guess they ask a lot of questions, it's a very serious thing. He also wants to be a part of the childrens ministry at church, I think he really enjoys youngens.

On Sunday it was a beautiful 80degrees! We went for a walk together which is always one of my favorites. It was almost 80 today too, and go figure, possible snow on Thursday! Thats Reno in the Spring! Adam and I also stopped by Home Depot to check out the supplies we would need for our Herb box we want. We are planning on growing Basil, Rosemary, Cilantro and Mint. Cilatnro will be great for salsa, we cook with rosemary a lot, and summers coming so we need fresh mint for Adam's famous Mojito's! Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: