Thursday, April 29, 2010

Late April Events

This last weekend we went to A UNR softball game, our friend Kaylee's sister plays. It was great to be out in the sun watching softball. I even got a little color. Although they lost pretty bad!




Adam had another b-ball game last night, this one went way better than the last, they beat the other team by 30points! Adam hit two three pointers in a row.

I've now been at my job long enough to where I've started to discover there are people I just really don't care for. I kind of got into a little "tif" with one of them because he's chovenistic and was making sly sarcastic remarks....like a child would. But he's on the board of medicine at the hospital so I guess I loose that argument every time, although it helps to know that everyone agrees with me in my dislike of him. Like Adam says, it doesn't matter if you like politics or not, they are a part of every job.

The other day a co-worker walks up to me and asks me what's under my scrub top and she point to the V neck area, I'm thinking, well a shirt silly, since I wear shirts under my scrubs. So I put my hand on my chest and feel this kinda rough material.....it was a dryer sheet, hanging out the top of my shirt! Good thing it was relativley early in the morning!

We finally got our herb box up and running! We thought long and hard where to put it so they could all get the amt of sun they required, we came up with the front porch ledge.


Adam spent his Sunday afternoon making this box, isn't he so handy? It was my valentines day present. If they look a little pathetic, it's bacause we had a huge wind storm the day after we bought them, 80mile/hr winds! That day I came home and Adam hands me a letter from our apt complex that reads:

"Dear resident,
Although your flower pots do look good on your patio.....Our insurance agent has advised that they must be taken off the edge of the patios. This is a safety issue...."
We both start laughing.......Adam is the the apartments insurance agent! So I say "Adam, this is your fault!"
He says its not him, it's the insurance company, making those "advisements". So he goes and talks with the apt ladies (who love him) and reassure them that this is not a flower pot, but an herb box with braces on either side, therefore it is a lot more stable, and technically okay. heeheehee

No comments: