Monday, March 8, 2010

Hope Community

So we have been going to this new community church down the street, and we really like it. We are not members yet, or "partners" as they call it, but we are pretty sure we are going to make that commitment! We've met some special people. It's very exciting and for Adam and I, it's exactly what we have been praying for. This last Sunday we had a sermon on money and finances. I actually love this topic because at least for me, it's huge, it has so much to do with letting God take control and as the verse goes: where your treasures are, your heart is. I really feel that God has been working on my control and anxiety problems for as long as I have been a Christ follower. I love to control my situations and know outcomes of decisions I make, unfortunatley that comes with thinking a lot of times that I know more than God about whats good for my life. I don't realize I'm doing this but it really shows when you look at how money is managed. I heard it put so wonderfully like this: "Making decisions on your own and controlling your own situations is great, until you realize that without Christ your never gonna be who you were made to be and you only have yourself to blame". Were very excited about this, and are so grateful that we are growing in our relationship with Christ! Check out our potential new community of believers. www.encounterhope.org

No comments: