Friday, January 20, 2012

My Birthday

Well turning 27 is quit depressing. It's ok laugh like everyone else did at work when I told them the same thing. It means you are no longer in your mid 20's, or even just your 20's, you are now in your LATE 20's, which means almost 30! My 21yo friend at work asks me where I "went out" to for my Bday. And I thought "oh thats right, "going out". Am I still expected to do that?!?!" Well, my "going out" consisted of going to a fancy Italian restaraunt with my husband. Wild and crazy night!-In bed by 10. A part of me feels I should be somewhere else at this time in my life, but when I really look at where I am, it's actually exactly where I chose to be, for the most part. In fact, Iv'e grown more than I ever thought I would by now. But being 27 and not having a house, kids, and getting ready to leave my stable job makes me feel like I'm running out of time. Which is a funny concept-running out of time. Most healthy people live until well past there 70's. So that gives me over 40yrs before Ive "run out of time" and even then i'm running out of time to do what? Well, have a family and a house and a stable life..... To have a "stable" life for 40+yrs sounds like a long unexciting time. So, the way I see it, before I get to my stable conventional years (which I do look very forward to) I might as well build a strong foundation to live on for 40 yrs. Get the education and job I want, have the experiences I want, and learn a few life lessons to teach my kids. Plus if I was so worried about my place amongst those around me, I would end up living their life not mine. So onward! :)




Adam's cousins came to town that weekend before my bday and we got our segway on!




Segways are acutally more fun than I thought they would be! We rode around for an hour or so and then went to lunch downtown.



This is Chris with baby Ryann, Emma (Adam's cousin) and Adam. We had a good time that weekend with them and Adam's other cousins, Chris and Sonja and their kids. They came from Susanville and Sacramento. We went to the Cocounut Bowl which is like a giant play land. Mini golf, go-karts, foozeball, a ball pit, bowling, etc. Good weekend.


A few days ago Adam made a bunch of cream soda, were excited to see how it tastes. The Rootbeer he made a few weeks ago didn't carbonate right :( But the beer he made 6months ago is apparently good according to the local brew master guy :)


I joined a womens group that meets at the church at 10am on Tuesdays. We are reading a book called Fearless by Max Lucado. At 10am on Tuesday morning I didnt know what I would find (maybe Maurie, hahaha- thats a nerdy joke.....Tuesdays with Maurie.....its a book) anyway, Adam said I would fit right in cause it was probably gonna be a bunch of old quilting ladies. Well, Adam was wrong, it was mostly stay at home moms in there 30's-40's. This week was our first meeting (or my first mtg with them) and it was great. I really enjoyed sitting in a room with 8 or so women who have a completley different perspective on life than me! very exciting. They all had kids of varying ages, a few had jobs outside the home, one actually said she was "bored" with her life. For once in my life I wanted to actually just sit and listen to them, without telling them about me! Sometimes its nice to not have school on my mind, and all my friends are work friends so we just talk about work all the time. This is like my own little lady world, haha!


This weeks takehome: "Fear, at its center, is a perceived loss of control. When life spins wildly, we grab for a component of life we can manage: our diet, the tidiness of a house, the armrest of a plane, or, in many cases people."


This coming week: In Spokane to interview with Gonzaga, and all over WA visiting friends and sisters! Adam in Portland at the Nines, ooooooo. Baseball games start in March!

No comments: