Saturday, April 2, 2011

College Girls Weekend

After my brothers wedding I headed up to Seattle with my brother-in-law and the kiddos. They dropped me off in Tacoma and from there I headed over to Seabeck to have a girls weekend with my best college girlfriends. So cool that we were all able to get togehter.

We did what we always do when we get together: chat, gossip, take walks/runs, and cook. This time around we had two little babies, Ashlies Roman and Melissa's Kannon. The two are 2 months apart. Starting from the Left:


Kali- She has the most nic-names, I will leave it at that! My college roommate my sophmore/junior year, we took jogging and volleyball together and played on a few intramural volleyball teams together. The only person I truly enjoy runnning with. I get her when some don't. Shes in PA school in Spokane with her husband who is finishing med school. Both at UW, we show no sensitivity to huskies, where you get your undergrad is where your heart is!


Melissa- "Momma Mel", met her my sophomore year. She's super fun and girly but very stable in all her adventures. Shes the most mother-like, always has a warm inviting home, warm food, good advice, and keeps us all together! She is a 3rd grade teacher. She had her first baby last June. She lives in Seabeck with her husband whos a land surveyer. We stayed at their new beatiful home on 4acres.


(me, next to Mel)


Ashlie- Met her in HS actually, we went to different schools but dated brothers. We actually didnt become friends until college, when I left all my clothes at home and had to borrow hers! She was also a roommate, during my sophomore year. We have the same intellectual drive and mind. She loves to love and loves challenges. She is also an RN, so I spent many years in college with her. We were excellent study buddies! She lives in Vancouver with her hubby who is also an RN. She had her first baby last April.


Amy- Shes a special character. You can't not love her. Shes got attitude, was on our logging team, wears carhart, but looks like Barbie. Shes from a real small town and knows everything about cooking and anything that has to do with hard work and dirt. Shes super tough, but super sweet and sensitive. She lives in Birch Bay with her husband who was a real good college friend of all of ours, hes a great guy! Amy has two bachelors in criminal justice and biology, she wanted to be an FBI agent. She is bummed to be working at a spa but cant wait to be a mom!


Katie- The one you live vicariously through! She lives in LA and is a producer. She has worked closely with Gordon Ramsey and is now working on a song writing show with Colbie Calet, Jewel and many others! I would be suprised if she didnt take over LA! She's a work hard, play hard kind of person. She's opposite of all of us. She never wants kids and doesn't think she will be married soon or ever. Shes from Arizona and like most Arizonian's I know- knows how to have a good time but is a loyal genuine friend.


But we all love hard work, good people, sports, getting dirty outdoors and enjoying the good things in life!


Melissa with Roman and Kannon
As we cooked and played with babies Melissa's husband was in and out, so we started joking about being sister wifes, hahaha- one doing dishes, two playing with babies, one cooking, etc....
We had a blast and spoke without inhibition, another one of our favorites.

This is Katie getting on a tractor for possibly the first time in her life!


These girls are great, and so special to me! Along with my 2 best friends from home, Brittany and Terra, and a good friend here in Reno Kaylee, these girls know everything about me and never stop supporting and loving me!

No comments: