Monday, January 11, 2010

A Smith Family New Years!

Adam and I went to WA for New Years. to see my family. My brother Jordan had just gotten home a few weeks earlier from two years in Chili! I was very excited to see him. He brought me back black coral earrings!!! Very cool. Danielle had just had her twins and I got to see them as well, although they were not able to come to the cabin with us all to celebrate the New Year, I made sure and got in my time with her and the babies (wish I had pictures of that). We stayed in a beatuiful big cabin in the woods in Mossy Rock.

My mom had wrapped up 5 large boxes and told us each to pick one out.

Inside we each found a Christmas quilt she made with fabric from my Grandma who passed away about two years ago. It was such a special present. In the quilt we found fabric that our childhood stockings were made out of and fabric we had grown up seeing at our house and our grandma's.


A very special gift!

We (9 adults and 8 children under 10years old)
went to the fish hatchery in Mossy Rock


The man working there was kind enough to give us a tour and let the little ones feed the fish.



Most of the time was spent lounging and playing games. We had so much fun with games!


Being the Aunt without kids, I made sure and caused trouble with my ideas for fun with all the kids. We created a mattress room, where all the walls, except the one in the back there, were covered with mattress's, so ultimatley being a safe room to jump and bounce in. (I wanted one of this when I was a kid) This "safe" room lasted maybe 4 minutes until someone was crying. I had a blast running, tackeling and playing games all my nieces and nephews!


We had sooooo much fun and were really excited to see the family! It was priceless. When we got back to Vancouver we were able to spend the birthday day with one of my best friends Terra, and see another friend of mine expecting her first baby. The whole trip was great and we enjoyed spending so much time with the fam. Love you guys!!!
Sometimes the best moments don't have pictures. Check out Kara's blog shes a bit better at this


No comments: