Thursday, April 16, 2009

Softball- Team: Stimulus Package

I got invited to play on a coed softball team by a girl from work. Last Wed was our first game. I was really nervous, I didn't play in HS, only a little intramural at WSU. I told her this and she still wanted me to play. Adam actually played baseball in HS and for like two seconds in college, he was very good and knows a lot. So on the way he was prepping me and giving me pointers. He failed to REMIND me ( I swear I knew I was just nervous and caught up in the moment) that you cannot run through third, or second base, only first. So I did this naturally and was kind of embarrassed but Adam said that nobody saw except the base coach who was screaming at me to stop. Adam even went as far to tell me that I "actually" did really well and he was impressed. I didn't do as well this week, but nobody did, we lost. But I still am proud of myself, off to the batting cages this weekend. I like picking up sports that are new to me. I played soccer in college a few times too and to my surprise I was good, it made me happy. Adam, who never played either, was pretty good too even though he hates the idea of soccer and said he would never play, he's so funny! But next week Adam will get to sub in and play with me, very exciting, I hope he wears his little baseball pants, hee hee. Oh, and when we get our cute little softball team jersey's, I will take a picture and post it!


Apparently I like to put old pictures up, but speaking of intramural sports, this is a funny picture of our WSU competitive coed dodgeball team. This is for real and we were very serious as you can tell from Adam's face. We were Champions that year I must mention. You have no idea how competitive dodgeball can get!



This was our not so serious team! We just played for fun at the Stake Center in Moscow, Idaho.

I have no pictures of our softball, football, volleyball or basketball teams, but I think the eighties dodgeball team pic is all you need! We had WAY too much fun in college.

No comments: