Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Wind

The last two days have been beautiful. Sunny, about 50 degrees and clear skies. However its been so windy that its miserable to go outside. Well I still have an addiction to satisfy, so I have been running in this wind. I use to like wind when I lived in WA because it was kind of peacful, but when it gets windy here, its like a tornado. So on a windy day run I go around Terd Hill a bunch of times, its a dirt hill by my house. Any sort of straight away would be suicide. Going multiple times around a hilly area breaks up the long stretches of head wind, and theres no cars around. There was once when I actually stopped moving and it was not because I quit emitting energy to move forward. You reach the top of a hill, which is usually the relieving part and instead, boom- your hit with all the wind that was blocked by the hill. You just close your eyes and push against the wind then the wind lets up for a second, and you fall forward. I actaully got scared a few times, it was so strong. It was blowing me back and sideways and rocks and tumble weeds were blowing so hard that it hurt when they hit me. Ace came with me one of the days, I felt bad for him, he didnt have sunglasses on like me, but he's a puppy, he loves it. He's up to 7miles! Hes like an ididerod dog! Now today, I wake up and its snowing! No matter what the elements, the hardest part is looking out the window and leaving your warm home. Once you've started you feel like Rocky, just fighting the elements- keeps it exciting!......Right?